A Deep-Dive Review of Your Marketing Assets and Activities
Is your marketing driving your top-line revenue? Do you feel you are spending too much money on marketing with less than stellar results? It may be time for a marketing assessment to uncover interesting insights and obtain brilliant clarity about your marketing activities.
Marketing has become complicated. It requires you to understand marketing concepts and strategies, digital channels and online relationship building. It forces you to figure out how which platforms will help your business stand out in a very crowded marketplace. And it encourages you to try new things, get out of your comfort zone and make an impact.
Creating an effective marketing plan is something that is hard for most business owners. Performing a marketing assessment will help you identify the areas that are working, what is missing and which ones need your attention.
What is a Marketing Assessment?
A marketing assessment, sometimes called a marketing audit, is a deep-dive, structured review of some or all of your existing marketing assets and activities to determine how well they are serving your business. A marketing assessment usually begins with a high-level look at your overall results and then dives into deeper detail of individual aspects of your marketing plan. An audit can encompass your entire marketing plan or can focus on individual strategies such as content marketing.
A full marketing audit reviews all aspects of your marketing activities including:
[lgc_column grid="50" tablet_grid="50" mobile_grid="100" last="false"]
- Target audience
- Strategic positioning
- Brand consistency
- Marketing goals
- Marketing strategies
[/lgc_column][lgc_column grid="50" tablet_grid="50" mobile_grid="100" last="true"]
- Website effectiveness
- Search engine optimization
- Content relevance
- Online visibility
- Marketing tools and technology
Depending on the size of the company, a marketing audit may also review budget and ROI and your marketing organization's people, skills, attitudes and alignment with the rest of the business. The data collected during the assessment provides an in-depth look at your marketing and helps you determine where the:
- Results could be more favorable
- Strategies need to be adjusted
- Activities that are driving real business growth
The final step of the assessment is a prioritized list of action steps.
A marketing assessment doesn't take as much time as you may think and it is best delivered by a fresh pair of eyes and should look at your objectives, strategies and activities. When done properly, the results can realign your marketing with the right activities that have the greatest impact on your revenue.
Marketing Assessment and Recommendations
Every business has different marketing needs. Based on your situation, our comprehensive marketing assessment will include some or all of the following:
- Marketing plan review including business vision, target audience and marketing goals
- Brand audit including alignment to your values and consistency across all of your online properties
- Complete website audit including performance, mobile friendliness and user experience. We also alert you to any technical issues and security risks.
- Content audit including content organization.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including on-page optimization, structured data and back links.
- Social media presence
- Local citation audit including Google My Business listing and your presence on online directories such as YellowPages and Yelp.
Once we complete the analysis, we will document our findings and provide you with a report. This report contains:
- Brand consistency across your digital footprint
- Website recommendations for better user experience across all devices
- Content organization and cornerstone content suggestions
- SEO findings and recommendations
- Local search visibility
- Reputation management findings
- Social media profile recommendations
We will schedule a one-hour Zoom meeting with you to present the results. We record our meeting so you can listen to the results without having to take notes and then review the details at your convenience.
Why do you need this program?
Before you can determine what type of marketing help you need, you need to establish a baseline of information showing you what you do well and what needs improvement. This powerful, comprehensive program is offered to you for $995.00. The results of this analysis will get your digital marketing strategy on the right track.
Contact us for more information on our First Beacon Marketing Assessment.
I had the pleasure of working with Ann Coffou at PointRight as she served as my Vice President of Marketing for four years. Among many other accomplishments, Ann played a key role in PointRight’s rebranding/renaming effort. She is the consummate professional and always did what ever it took to get the job done and always with the highest level of professional integrity. She was well respected amongst her peers as well as her subordinates for her strong work ethic and high quality standards.