You make great investments in training, supporting and developing employees’ skills and relationships with your technology, customers and confidential information. What happens if you have to terminate employees?
- You can terminate your “employee at will” (i.e., no contract) for any reason, or no reason at all, right?
- Will a non-compete agreement keep them from sharing your confidential information with others?
- Can you hire someone new even if they have a non-compete from their former employer?
- What about laws prohibiting termination of at-will employees in violation of important public policies (i.e., whistleblower/retaliatory termination)?
- What are the ins and outs of the Massachusetts Wage Act as part of your termination procedure and protocols?
To get answers to these questions and more, join Kurt Binder and Howard Stempler, partners at Seder and Chandler LLP, at this session presented by Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce and First Beacon Business Advisory Group.
- Friday, June 1, 2018 | 7:30am – 10:00am
- Registration & Breakfast: 7:30am – 8:00am
- Program: 8:00am – 10:00am
- Assabet Valley Regional High School - Lecture Hall; 215 Fitchburg Street, Marlborough, MA
Co-Organizer & Sponsors:
Cost: $ 25 Members, Non-Members & Guests
Executive Continental Breakfast included: Freshly Baked Breakfast Pastries, Fresh Seasonal Sliced Fruit, Assortment of Yogurts & Granola, Assorted Juices, Coffee and Tea
Quick Look Business Assessment
Get a quick snapshot of how your business is doing. Sign up for our email list to download your free Quick Look Assessment.
I have worked with Debra for the past several years on several different projects. Debra has helped us in several areas year after year and her role with us expands each and every year. I find Debra to be insightful and helpful with our overall marketing including our web sites. Her writing skills are exemplary… “Mark Gallagher”
Connect with us on LinkedIn