You make great investments in training, supporting and developing employees’ skills and relationships with your technology, customers and confidential information. What happens if you have to terminate employees?
- You can terminate your “employee at will” (i.e., no contract) for any reason, or no reason at all, right?
- Will a non-compete agreement keep them from sharing your confidential information with others?
- Can you hire someone new even if they have a non-compete from their former employer?
- What about laws prohibiting termination of at-will employees in violation of important public policies (i.e., whistleblower/retaliatory termination)?
- What are the ins and outs of the Massachusetts Wage Act as part of your termination procedure and protocols?
To get answers to these questions and more, join Kurt Binder and Howard Stempler, partners at Seder and Chandler LLP, at this session presented by Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce and First Beacon Business Advisory Group.
- Friday, June 1, 2018 | 7:30am – 10:00am
- Registration & Breakfast: 7:30am – 8:00am
- Program: 8:00am – 10:00am
- Assabet Valley Regional High School - Lecture Hall; 215 Fitchburg Street, Marlborough, MA
Co-Organizer & Sponsors:
Cost: $ 25 Members, Non-Members & Guests
Executive Continental Breakfast included: Freshly Baked Breakfast Pastries, Fresh Seasonal Sliced Fruit, Assortment of Yogurts & Granola, Assorted Juices, Coffee and Tea
Quick Look Business Assessment
Get a quick snapshot of how your business is doing. Sign up for our email list to download your free Quick Look Assessment.
I appreciated the professional presentation of information that was both objective and free of self-promotion, providing a more productive presentation which in turn allowed for the business expertise of your group members to speak for themselves. We found the information and materials to be useful and applicable to our practice.
Connect with us on LinkedIn