In-Depth Look at Your Operations
Are you happy with the current level of efficiency and effectiveness of your business operations? Can you easily and successfully respond to changes in your industry? Are you constantly trying to move faster only to be slowed down even more? Does it seem like you are working harder and longer but getting less accomplished?
You are not alone. Most businesses periodically need to step back from day-to-day operations to evaluate how the business is run. Who is doing what jobs? Are deadlines being consistently met? Are you just keeping up or getting ahead of the curve? Have you missed out on opportunities because you couldn’t respond quickly enough?
What is a Business Operations Assessment?
A business operations assessment evaluates working effectiveness and suitability of a system or systems through identification of defects, gaps and areas of risk. The assessment also measures the adequacy of output/work and the reliability of the operations. This is an objective look at your business processes and procedures designed to provide you a clear picture of where your business is today and what can be done to make operations more efficient and effective going forward.
A business operations assessment can help you identify the key factors that are holding back your business and getting in the way of sustained growth. With this knowledge, you are better equipped to streamline your operations and update your strategic plan.
The following are typical questions answered during a business operations assessment to help determine the areas of strength and weakness in your business.
- Are you happy with the current performance of your business?
- Do you have detailed goals outlined for your business?
- Does your business have a Business Plan? (As you might provide to a bank for lending qualification.)
- Does your business have a Strategic Plan detailing where you are going and how you will get there?
- Do you have a Vision and/or Mission Statement and/or Value Proposition Statement
- Do you have a working capital Line of Credit?
- Do you know what your break even number is every month and every year?
- Is your cash position better than it was a year ago?
- Do you regularly monitor cash flow?
- Do you track actual expenses so you know why profits are up or down?
- Do you have an annual operations budget that gets updated monthly?
- Do you have documentation, process maps or operations manuals describing your business operations in detail?
- Does your pricing model take into account variable and fixed costs and desired contribution margin?
- Do you have systems in place to monitor and control your product costs/job costs?
- Are your products or services always delivered on time?
- Do you, the business owner, regularly delegate responsibility and authority to others (may or may not be management staff)?
- If your top manager left the company, would the company be in trouble? Is the top manager you?
- Does your management team meet on a regular basis?
- Do managers, other than the business owner, have profit and loss responsibility?
- Does 50% or more of your revenue come from more than three (3) of your customers?
Report and Recommendations
Once we have conducted the business operations assessment, we create a comprehensive report that clearly outlines all findings along with suggested implementation recommendations. We will then schedule a one-hour Zoom meeting with you to present the results. We record our meeting so you can listen to the results without having to take notes and then review the details at your convenience.
This Operations Assessment is delivered for a one-time investment of $995.00.
The Operations Assessment is a way to get insight into the problems that keep you awake at night. Without knowing exactly what’s right and what’s wrong in your business makes it difficult to create and implement a plan that guides you to delivering the business performance you want.
Contact us for more information on our First Beacon Operations Assessment.
Recent Business Strategy Posts
I have found that the CPE presentations presented by First Beacon have been informative, unbiased and free of self promotion. I would recommend the CPE training to any of my colleagues. Furthermore, I’ve referred clients to a number of the First Beacon associates across their diverse areas of expertise. In all cases, I received very… “Bonhomme”